[lubuntu-users] Keyboard shortcuts (for touchpad enable/disable)

Mark F azdays15 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 21:15:13 UTC 2016

I use Windows-key + Space-key. I don't recall hitting it by accident. But,
if the touchpad came on (or off) unexpectedly, I would just hit that key
combination again to return it to its opposite state.

The key combo could be further complicated (with ctrl + function?).

What alternative could exist? If it's a choice on a GUI, you need a mouse
to enable the touchpad (when you presumably may not have a mouse).

In my case, I prefer it disabled by default and want a convenient way to
enable it if I boot without a mouse.  I haven't been able to think of a way
to accommodate that without a keyboard shortcut.

I guess I could create a .desktop file for the script, and put it in the
autostart directory, and prompt at boot up if I want the touchpad or not?
That would eliminate the possibility of booting up without a mouse.

But, all this seems to support what I was saying about how frustrating it
can be as a new user, weighing what's more elegant, when it could be as
simple as a keyboard shortcut (among many -- I don't recall accidentally
hitting any of which in the past year.).