[lubuntu-users] Scanning thru network not working?

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:43:45 UTC 2016

On 09/02/2016 02:13 PM, Barry Titterton wrote:
> On 02/09/16 13:08, Liam Proven wrote:
>> On 2 September 2016 at 13:57, Marlon Ng <guikaye at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> As stated above, network printing is possible.  But I get this error when
>>> running "Simple Scan":
>>
>> Printing and scanning are 2 totally different functions.
>>
>> The computers do not "know" that the fact that they are done by the same device.
>>
>> So having printing working is 100% unconnected with scanning.
>>
>> I don't know any way to do what you ask. It might be possible, but I
>> know of no way except expensive enterprise network scanners.
>>

> I think that it depends upon the driver software that is bundled with
> the device. I have a Brother MFD that claims to be able to scan over
> wifi. I haven't bothered to check this as I don't see the point: You
> need to be sitting at the scanner if you want to scan a set documents so
> I only use the USB connection.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Barry T

Hi Barry,
It is useful if you need to scan things, and do work on them when the
kids are asleep and the printer/scanner is in the living room.
I have used it on a few occasions.
It is also nice not to have to plug a cord in, you just turn on the
printer, then scan.
There are 'few' times it is needed, mostly it is nice to not need to
plug in a cord just to scan.