[lubuntu-users] pcspkr bell issue

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Oct 23 22:58:59 UTC 2016

On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 17:41:57 -0500, Israel wrote:
>maybe you need a bit of time after it loads...
>perhaps running
>
>modprobe pcspkr && sleep 10 # or whatever amount you want

No, I tried 'echo -e \\a' a long time after the script finished.

>## the only real thing getting done would be sourcing your bashrc
>
>source ~/.bashrc  ## you might need /home/user instead of ~ if you run
>as root

I didn't test this.

>the other thing ???????might?????? be an issue is that xset *might*
>need to be 'refreshed' with
>
>xset b on

I didn't try this.

>Though you could add
>
>xset q |grep bell

I checked this and it always was ok.

>Also... you might need to use setterm
>
>setterm --bleangth 1000
>
>maybe even the --bfreq option...

The output of xset q always was ok.

For testing purpose I'll add those to the script, too, but I doubt that
it will solve the issue.

Thank you for the hints.

Regards,
Ralf