[lubuntu-users] "Software" and Ubuntu One?

Mark F azdays15 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 02:21:23 UTC 2016

Is anyone else having problems with the new "Software" feature which
appears to have replaced the (IMO) very nice Lubuntu Software Center?

I'm just trying to install Libre Office. It keeps insisting I have to login
using an Ubuntu One credential. I can go to ubuntu.com and login. But, when
I use the same email and password in "Software" it says it's invalid.

This is irritating. The original interface was much snappier to use. And, I
don't understand why I'm being prompted for credentials to install a
package that I've never had to do that with.

I keep going to "Ubuntu One" and signing in. But, "Software" keeps telling
me "invalid email or password."

Is it just me?