[lubuntu-users] [lubuntu-devel] Testing 16.10

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 16:39:32 UTC 2016

Den 2016-10-13 kl. 17:49, skrev Ian Bruntlett:
> Hi,
>
> I see on https://www.ubuntu.com/ that 16.10 has been released. Does that
> mean no more testing is required till work starts on 17.04?
>
> TIA,
>

> Ian
>
> --
> -- ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://www.accu.org
> -- My writing - https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/
> -- Free Software page -
> https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software

Hi Ian,

Yes and no.

Yes, there will be no more isotesting of Yakkety.

No, there will be continuous isotesting of 16.04.x LTS 'Xenial'. Right
now we are to verify a bug-fix, that we hope will fix a bug for live and
persistent live systems. See this bug report,

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/casper/+bug/1619188

and soon there will be a second point release, 16.04.2 LTS with the
yakkety kernel (and we need to test the daily iso files and make sure it
will be a good one with several improvements, not only a fix for bug
#1619188).

Best regards
Nio