[lubuntu-users] using lubuntu

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Nov 7 08:55:38 UTC 2016

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 05:09:11 +0000, E James wrote:
>Step 1. Use the downloaded Lubuntu to create a bootable DVD or USB
>stick.

Hi,

I stopped reading here, so I can't comment the rest of the mail.
However, I strongly recommend to verify the downloaded ISO by the
signed checksums, before burning it.

Assuming you want to download the ISO for 64bit architecture, from an
already existing linux install or live medis, you could use my attached
script.

chmod a+x luamd64_1610.sh       #to make the script executable
./luamd64_1610.sh lubuntu       #for lubuntu 16.10
./luamd64_1610.sh lubuntu 16.04 #for lubuntu 16.04 the latest LTS

More information about verifying, even when using Windows or MacOS:

https://www.ubuntu.com/download/how-to-verify

A common misconception, while "LTS" is an abbreviation for "Long Term
Support", it means that there will be security upgrades available for
a long time, but no upgrades to new releases of the software, at all.

Regards,
Ralf