[lubuntu-users] PCManFM sorting of hidden files

Sat May 14 23:48:27 UTC 2016

On 05/14/2016 04:37 PM, J. Van Brimmer wrote:
> I have noticed that both PCManFM here in Lubuntu, and Thunar in ubuntuStudio, sort hidden files/folders before regular files/folders.
>

> Since this happens in two different file managers in two different distributions, I am assuming that this is in some common configuration file somewhere. But, so far I have been unable to find it.
>

> Does anybody know how I can "easily" change this so that the hidden files/folders are sorted after the regular ones?
>

> Thanks,
> jvb

jvb:

It may not be configurable at all.  The application may just use the
library routines within the programming language for doing lexical
comparisons of character strings.  A period ("."), which is the leading
character of hidden filenames, comes before any alphabetic characters.