[lubuntu-users] Boot from SD card? Why not?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 11:20:12 UTC 2016

On 5 June 2016 at 07:16, Basil Fernie <basil at pop.co.za> wrote:
> I want to install Lubuntu 16.04 to the SDHC card in a laptop and make it
> bootable, so that I can run and work with the laptop without an internal or
> external hard drive.

If your machine's firmware does not have an option to boot from the SD
card slot -- and I have never seen such an option on any laptop or
other x86 machine -- then you can't.

You could possibly use a bootable USB stick with the root filesystem
on the SD card.

However it would be much cheaper and easier to replace the HDD.