[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu Yakkety Yak Alpha 2 Call for Testing

Simon Quigley tsimonq2 at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 27 22:50:32 UTC 2016

Greetings,

I apologize for being late on this, my fault.

It's time again! The Lubuntu team needs your help testing Lubuntu
Yakkety Alpha 2 so we can release tomorrow.

We just need the tests completed that are on http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/ .

Right now I'm working on the release notes for Alpha 2[1]. Check back in
a few hours if you want to proofread/confirm the notes. If you found any
new bugs, please link to them on the release notes.

If you found any other way to help that hasn't been listed above,
respond to this email, send me an email, or join #lubuntu-devel on
freenode[2] and mention it there.

As for not getting this out sooner, yesterday I realized that nobody
stepped up to help with the global Alpha 2 release yesterday and Lubuntu
was looking to do one (I've had my eye on this for a while), so late
afternoon US time yesterday, I stepped up. After that, I got tired and
had to go to sleep, I slept all day today, and I recently woke up.
That's why this didn't get out a few days ago, and I'm really sorry. My
fault.

For those of you who can test before we release, thank you. But I
understand all of you can't.

>From the recent discussions about PPC, I'd like to mention that we do
not release PPC on non-LTS releases, so although the testing helps, and
we still need people to test to make sure it doesn't break, we won't be
releasing a PPC image.

Thanks again everyone! :)

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/YakketyYak/Alpha2/Lubuntu
[2] https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#lubuntu-devel