[lubuntu-users] keyboard layout keeps changing when switching between aplications (undesired)

Felipe M. Vieira fmv1992 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 02:44:48 UTC 2016

On Mon, July 25, 2016 at 22:26, Aere Greenway wrote:
> On 07/25/2016 08:00 PM, Felipe M. Vieira wrote:
> >Dear mailing list,
> >
> >It is annoying me the fact that the keyboard layout changes randomly between my
> >chosen layout and some obscure one. When it does I am not able to input tilde
> >'~' for example (other keys as well) and I have to hit ctrl + space to make it
> >work.
> >
> >I have tried a bunch of different approaches and googled it a dozen of times.
> >Can someone enlighten me?
> >
> >It seem that coming from the browser/other aplications to terminal increases
> >the chances of triggering the issues.
> >
> >Best regards,
> >

> Felipe:
>
> My guess is that there are hot-keys assigned to change the keyboard layout.
>
> I use Dvorak keyboard layout (rather than Qwerty), so this sort of
> thing has happened to me.
>
> I use the the "Keyboard Layout Handler" task-bar applet to control
> the keyboard layout.
>
> It's been some time since the keyboard layout changed to Qwerty out
> from under me.
>
> I may have removed some hot-key characters that would (by-default)
> do that sort of thing.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> Aere

Dear Aere,

I thank you for your suggestion. I just enabled this applet alongside my 'IBus
is an intelligent input bus for Linux/Unix.'. It shows the flag of my country.
Maybe it could indicate if anything changes despite the fact that I have only
one keyboard layout enabled.

I'll let you guys know if the problem persist.

Best regards,

--
Felipe Martins Vieira
Public PGP key: http://pgp.surfnet.nl