[lubuntu-users] Fujitsu Lifebook S761 (scroll wheel-pad issue)

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 00:35:57 UTC 2016

Ok, this will show (numerically) your touchpad capabilities
(feel free to run it without grep to get the whole shebang, which would
be good to post to the list)
xinput list-props "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" | grep Capabilities

Ok, so here is the synclient tutorial
LIST the things synclient can configure
synclient -l

It might be a greaat idea to run
synclient -l > $HOME/initial-touchpad-setup

this way you have a backup and a base to test from and go back to.

you can then setup your device by settings those values individually...
Feel free to save your preferences as a script and start it
automatically when you log into your user
for example:
#/bin/bash
synclient MaxTapTime=180 MaxTapMove=221 MaxDoubleTapTime=180
SingleTapTimeout=180 ClickTime=100 EmulateMidButtonTime=75
EmulateTwoFingerMinZ=282 EmulateTwoFingerMinW=7 VertScrollDelta=100
HorizScrollDelta=100 VertEdgeScroll=1 HorizEdgeScroll=0 CornerCoasting=0
VertTwoFingerScroll=0 HorizTwoFingerScroll=0 TouchpadOff=0 LockedDrags=0
LockedDragTimeout=5000 RTCornerButton=0 RBCornerButton=0
LTCornerButton=0 LBCornerButton=0 TapButton1=0 TapButton2=0 TapButton3=0
ClickFinger1=1 ClickFinger2=1 ClickFinger3=0 GrabEventDevice=1
TapAndDragGesture=1 ClickPad=0

This is just one I use in a window manager (not Lubuntu), so you will
need to modify it as your touchpad needs are most likely different.

This should most likely solve your scrolling issue.  But maybe we need
to look more into what you need.

It is quite possible that this secondary device is actually the same
thing (both pads connected to the same chip, and relayed to the mother
board as one device)  You most likely just need to adjust the ranges so
the secondary pad is within the specfied range.

I do have a FLTK program for configuring settings for this, but I will
have to extract it from another program that it is part of IF you are
REALLY interested in it.  It is from a program to configure JWM (a
window manager) but controls virtually every synclient property, as I
really like configurability.