[lubuntu-users] [lubuntu-devel] [Lubuntu-admins] Lubuntu Yakkety Yak Beta 1 has been released!

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 14:36:49 UTC 2016

Hi Nio,

On 28 August 2016 at 14:56, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes please, Ian :-)

OK.

> It would be even better if you can also identify existing bug reports or
> create new bug reports, if necessary.

According to my notes, the appropriate place for that would normally be
https://bugs.launchpad.net/lubuntu - is that a suitable place for bug
reports for the 16.10 beta-1?

Preliminary information.
Using lubuntu 32 bit 16.10 beta-1 on my Samsung NC10 Netbook (32-bit Intel
Atom CPU, 2 GiB RAM, 320GB hard drive), further hardware details can be
found here:-
https://gist.github.com/21b61903871ee685fc79

Here is the log of my activities. There might be the occasional typo
because my handwriting is not the best.

Logged in. Started Synaptic Package Manager (SPM). Got an Error window with
these messages:-
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock open c-11 Resource temporarily
unavailable
E: Unable to lock the administrator directory (/var/lib/dpkg) is another
process using it?
E: _cache -> open() failed, please report
Started SPM again & it opened OK.
Started installing LibreOffice.
! During that, another (error) window appeared, stating "The application
Network Connections has closed unexpectedly." Apport started sending
details away - another (error) window appeared, stating "Problem in
Network-Manager-Gnome", complaining that old packages were installed."
LibreOffice installed OK
Ran Software Updater - it said 167MB would be downloaded and installed -
enlarged its window and, during the update, the extra window space was not
used. Update completed OK
Rebooted
Logged in, started SPM. Installed hplip-gui. Rebooted, logged in. hp-gui
(icon?) visible in launch bar. Clicking on it highlighted the icon and did
nothing else - was expecting a window to appear. Went to Swift ->
Preferences -> HP-Lip Toolbox. Installed LaserJet (USB) using that. Printed
a test page OK. Started LibreOffice Writer. Was just about to print a
"Hello, World" document when an error window popped up, stating "Sorry,
Ubuntu 16.10 has experienced an internal error - executable path
/usr/share/hplip/systray.py" I then shut the system down

Right now, I'm not sure which things are hard-to-reproduce bugs and I'm not
sure which things are relevant.

I think the way to go would be to decide which bugs I should try and
reproduce again. After that, decide which bugs to log on LaunchPad and
continue from there.

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -