[lubuntu-users] .icc colour profiles

scrooyahoo at riseup.net scrooyahoo at riseup.net
Fri Aug 26 08:46:40 UTC 2016

> A simple option is to use xgamma for red blue green only.
>
> change the red to 70%
>  xgamma -rgamma .7
>
> change the blue to 100%
>  xgamma -bgamma 1
>
> change the green to 20%
>  xgamma -ggamma .2
>
> It lives in the:
> x11-xserver-utils
> package.
>

> So you most likely have it installed already.

Interesting
It triggers a few more questions:
- Is there a GUI? (so that i can install something that an end user can
'find and understand')
- does this affect _ONLY_ the display config, or are these settings also
affecting the gamma of printers etc. ?

In case of a 'cheap display' or unknown vendor, the ability to tweak
this manually will for some people be a very welcome feature.   For
instance visually impaired people..
People who can work perfectly well on a 'normal' configured display, but
start to have problems with crappy displays.
(these people usually don't have the budget to buy 'better' hardware,
but with a little more access to tweaks like this they can have a
significant improved computing experience)

Now i could try to gather coding skills, but that could take ages... So
i hope there is someone who can pick up on this and sprinkle some magic
coding dust in this area. :-)

I have asked various searchengines for a GUI and i only found thisone:
http://cyberjunky.nl/2015/01/26/change-color-gamma-on-ubuntu/

But all the compile stuff is not what i want to use on other people's
computer, to easy to mess things up, and end up with a bigger problem
then what i started with.  But maybe someone could take this to the next
level?

https://justgetflux.com/linux.html Also looks interesting, but does not
seem to allow manual gamma settings, i will try this tonight...