[lubuntu-users] .icc colour profiles

scrooyahoo at riseup.net scrooyahoo at riseup.net
Tue Aug 23 22:17:28 UTC 2016

I have a few questions about colour profiles.

Does Lubuntu make use of colour profiles?
If yes,
Where are they stored?
How do I change them?

I have a system that doesn't seem to have a correct gamma setting, but I
can't figure out how to adjust this.

These instructions don't seem to get me any further
https://askubuntu.com/questions/199661/how-do-you-set-system-display-color-profiles-in-xubuntu-and-lubuntu

I installed al that stuff, but this still doesn't seem to change
anything.

It's stuff like this why i don't like laptops, there is never a easy way
to do display corrections. On an external monitor it is easy to tweak a
few things just to make things a bit more easy on the eyes on a crappy
display. But on a laptop people are stuck with the setting that is there
by default... And with some displays the default gamma setting is far
from ideal.  It would be nice to have a simple tool to change settings
or load different profiles.
Something like on a external monitor. (that does not affect the system
colours)

It would be cool to do a real calibration, but a straightforward manual
option would be good enough for most people. Then you at least have some
control to safe your eyes, or reduce a headache.