[lubuntu-users] Shouldn't the thumbnail function be switched OFF by default

scrooyahoo at riseup.net scrooyahoo at riseup.net
Tue Aug 23 20:40:41 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I just discovered that pcmanfm makes thumbnails of every little video
snippet, and in my case it appears to consume a lot of power on a laptop
with an i3 CPU when i opened a folder with video clips that i have made
for a tutorial.
It worked and worked, and don't even need thumbnails there...

Now, in a way it sometimes can be cute to have thumbnails, but in
comparison of the resources it consumes to make the thumbnails it didn't
seem to make sense to have this in an environment that is configured as
'light'.

Also I wonder where those thumbnails are stored and how this is going to
affect this laptop's performance in the log run.

In short: In my opinion it would make sense to have this feature turned
off by default.

,
WP.