[lubuntu-users] cups not built-in ?

Brendan Perrine walterorlin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 14:53:38 UTC 2016

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 09:33:47 +0200
Narcis Garcia <informatica at actiu.net> wrote:

> - Why Mozilla software is kept instead of CUPS?? What about Midori
Unfortanetly not having firefox on the live session could make a pain of trying to use the live session and not have internet acess on places with captive portals. I would be shocked if they tested their portal with midori and unlikely the people making it have ever heard of midori. I don't like captive portals but unfortanetly they are a reality even at places my linux users group meets.

I am not sure many people on this list in places that don't need fonts-noto-cjk show part of the full package descrption "  This package contains Noto font families for Traditional Chinese,
 Simplified Chinese, Japanese and Korean:" Which is well over a billion people can use this.

Well  gnome-disks has the really nice feature of being able to check on the hardware of the drive you install onto this can be quite frustrating if it is actually bad and does not install or if say it does not boot you can check hard disk seems fine in smart data from the live session.  I do think Gparted is better at managing partitions.

These are some reason why these packages make sense in the live session.

--
Brendan Perrine <walterorlin at gmail.com>