[lubuntu-users] 16.04.1 32 Live VBOX

scrooyahoo at riseup.net scrooyahoo at riseup.net
Wed Aug 10 11:28:36 UTC 2016

So this could eventually be a VBOX issue and not be caused by Lubuntu?
(to make things more complicated?)

Now going to ask the duck about Matromu.. never heard of it before

Im guessing VBOX's 640x480 mode is flawed. what about using 800x600 as
default? Still that would then rule out any 640x480 displays for now...
but is that really a problem?  I mean do 640x480 displays still exist?

For older hardware it sure would be nice to have that resolution, though
i doubt that anyone actually will connect a screen like that in a world
thats flooded with phased-out 17" and 19" office displays.

i dont have a real 640x480 display, but it would be nice to give this a
try and see if that actually would work.

BTW why does VBOX pick 640x480 in LIVECD but 800x600 in the installer?
Or is this dictated by the LIVECD?