[lubuntu-users] Installing Lubuntu 16.04 - state of the various bootable USB flash drive utilities?

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Fri Apr 29 20:44:40 UTC 2016

To install Lubuntu from bootable USB flash drive rather than DVD/CD, I
found https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/InstallingLubuntu (which
seems to recommend UNetbootin) and then
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick (which has
instructions for usb-creator-gtk, Unetbootin and mkusb -- in that order,
if significant).

I recall from previous posts that perhaps each of the 3 methods has
suffered from this bug or that, and that at one time or another one or
more methods was deprecated and one or more others promoted.

I'm planning on installing the standard 32-bit and 64-bit desktop versions.

Can someone sum up the current state of affairs?