[lubuntu-users] issues Installing LXQT\ubuntu using the wiki page

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 25 04:09:29 UTC 2016

Good point here. PPAs are, in general, to be considered unstable and
unsupported (read: risky). This is true with both of the PPAs we're
discussing.

Often times daily build PPAs track upstream changes which may create
problems. Because of this, they should not be recommended.

The reason using the Xenial packages is mentioned first is because they are
in the repos. In other words, they are supported and stable.

Simon's PPA technically doesn't include any real packages. It's merely an
instruction for apt. It does all the stuff mentioned in the wiki in one
step. That's it.

The reason for this is there is no such package in Xenial yet and something
has been wrong with the metapackage in the daily PPA for some time.

Clearly we need to better explain this on the wiki.

Meanwhile, I hope Julien can give us an update on the status of the
metapackage in the Lubuntu daily.