[lubuntu-users] mkusb at facebook

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 21:08:16 UTC 2016

Hi Phill,

You wrote

'At present, with people reporting issues with mkusb
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/mkusb The only way we know that WILL
work 100% of the time is dd'

at the Lubuntu Facebook web site, and you allowed me to get into it. I
looked at the issues of the last few weeks, but did not find any post
with complaints about mkusb. I read quickly and probably missed them,
but anyway, please post links to the posts you know of.

I would like to find out what is the problem

- a bug in mkusb or

- using it in the wrong way or

- some other problem, for example a bad iso file (I read your heads up
message about checking the downloaded file).

To my knowledge, mkusb works from and to all currently supported Ubuntu
versions and desktop flavours, and mkusb-nox works with text screens,
for example in Ubuntu Server. They work in many other linux distros too.
There is also mkusb-bas for small or very old linux distros/versions,
for example Wary Puppy and Tiny Core. See this link for more details.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/mkusb/gui#Simple_to_test_mkusb_in_linux_distros.2C_which_do_not_manage_an_Ubuntu_PPA

If bugs are found in mkusb, I will give high priority to solving them.

Best regards
Nio