[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu Installation Problem

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 01:54:39 UTC 2016

On 04/18/2016 06:49 PM, Fran Acuña Parra wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm new at Linux. I'm trying to install Lubuntu in a Intel Core 2 Duo
> PC from 2007. I have downloaded the ISO file and made a booteable USB
> with YUMI or Universal USB Installer. The thing is that once I restart
> the PC from USB and the Lubuntu menu appears, no matters if you try to
> install Lubuntu permanently or just prove it without install it, the
> screen display this (see the attached file).
>
> Which could be the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Fran Acuña Parra,

I have never used YUMI*
*but**their website says this:
*Important Note:* YUMI was intended to be used to try to run various
"LIVE Linux" Operating Systems from USB. *Installing Linux from the YUMI
created USB Drive to a Hard Drive is not officially supported. If the
installer portion of any Live Linux distro does work, consider it a bonus.*

So, if you are using Windows, please check here:
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows

Of course it might be an issue with the ISO, did you verify your file
after downloading it?
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM
That would be the first thing to check.
<http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows>
And the final guess I have would be to check what type of graphics card
you are using, you may need to do something special