[lubuntu-users] Lubuntu 16.04 PPC: Cacti stopped working afterPHP upgrade

Peter Golis golisp at centrum.sk
Fri Apr 8 10:06:54 UTC 2016

Hello Gentleman,
My cacti reporting had again stopped working. Root call was automatic upgrade of MySQL from 5.6 tp 5.7 where was done also performed upgrade of some tables due to changed format of column TIME/TIMESTAMP/DATETIME. Now I have just overloaded CPU due to repeating of DB transactions from cacti php like:

INSERT INTO poller_time (poller_id, pid, start_time, end_time) VALUES (0, 5472, NOW(), '0000-00-00 00:00:00');
ERROR 1292 (22007): Incorrect datetime value: '0000-00-00 00:00:00' for column 'end_time' at row 1

How can I mask MySQL 5.7 until cacti will reflect correct handling of date values?

Thanks for answer,
Peter.
> Od: Peter Golis <golisp at centrum.sk>
> Komu: Aere Greenway <Aere at dvorak-keyboards.com>, lubuntu user list <lubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Dátum: 26.03.2016 19:34
> Predmet: Re: [lubuntu-users] Lubuntu 16.04 PPC: Cacti stopped working afterPHP upgrade

Hello,
I had installed cacti using command "apt-get install cacti" and it was working for one year. So, if I can understood you correctly, all of dependencies are tested in Debian?

Have a nice day,
Peter.

On March 26, 2016 6:45:29 PM CET, Aere Greenway <Aere at Dvorak-Keyboards.com> wrote:On 03/26/2016 07:16 AM, Peter Golis wrote:Hello Gentleman,
 Yesterday, after upgrade of PHP v7 package with removal of older version of PHP v5 had stopped working my Cacti instance. What had please happened with PHP v5, was it marked as obsolete?

 Error in cacti.log had pointed to missing function mb_strlen() which was moved into separate package php7.0-mbstring in PHP v7. After installing it, Cacti was back in life. That simply point to wrong dependencies for package Cacti. Are somewhere tested also dependencies for packages?

 [Fri Mar 25 21:23:20.098957 2016] [:error] [pid 18311] [client 127.0.0.1:34556] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_strlen() in /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/rrd.php:1049\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/share/cacti/site/graph_image.p hp
 (92): rrdtool_function_graph('36', '0', Array)\n#1 {main}\n thrown in /usr/share/cacti/site/lib/rrd.php on line 1049, referer: http://rybnik.zapto.org/cacti/graph_view.php <http://rybnik.zapto.org/cacti/graph_view.php>

 Have a nice day,
 Peter.
Peter:

I don't know how you originally installed Cacti, so I am speculating
here, with a generality.

When we install software from sources other than the Ubuntu repository,
or Debian packages, the package manager is not aware of what other
packages your 'custom install' software requires.

So (being unaware of the requirements), it may allow packages not
required by software installed from the repository (or other Debian
packages), to be marked as 'not needed', or perhaps 'obsolete'.

Un-needed or obsolete packages get removed when you upgrade to a new
system level.

I am speculating that this sit uationmay have come into-play in the
problem you reported.