Ubuntu on cell phones/tablets

rafaellaguna at ubuntu.com rafaellaguna at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 31 14:38:38 UTC 2015

You're talking about the Ubuntu for Android, it's a different project
(almost abandoned) using a phone base connected via HDMI cable to a
screen and using its ROM as a Desktop distro. That's not going to
happen.

But Ubuntu Touch will is already able to run some Software Center apps
made for desktop, so the convergence has begun. Right now, Ubuntu Touch
can run on Phones, Tablets, Phablets and other touch-driven devices.

Unity8 is the next desktop that will unify everything. So in some way,
that old project Ubuntu for Anrdoid is being a reality with Ubuntu
Touch. But we have to wait a little for that. If you have your Ubuntu
phone, just keep updated with the OTAs and you'll receive more and more
features, including these ones.

Rafael Laguna
Lubuntu Artwork Team