Daily Lubuntu PPA improvements / breakages for LXQt

Julien Lavergne gilir at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 22 09:31:28 UTC 2015

Hi,

Just a notice that I'm currently working on the Lubuntu daily PPA to
improve the maintenance of the builds, for now only for LXQt packages
(I'll work eventually on the LXDE ones later). For any users, it
should be pretty invisible (I try ...), but there is some details :

- The daily build will be based on upstream LXQt branch + LXQt debian
packaging (no more separate debian/ directory maintained outside).
It's not 100 % covered by debian packaging, but it's still better

- During the conversion, the daily build is stopped, it will be
re-enable when the conversion is complete.

- You may see some upgrades or packages replacement, that's because
debian doesn't have the same structure than the previous packages. I'm
trying to reduce the noise, but let me know if you see any problems.
For example, lxqt-leave will be merge back to lxqt-session package.

- You will see some very strange version number (like
0.9.0.0.1~really0.9.0+20150829). It's normal, the 0.9.0.0.1~really
will disappear next time LXQt release a version.

Let me know if you have any upgrade problem during the next days.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne