monospace fonts [was: Re: Opening Word Documents]

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 16 17:50:37 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Ian Bruntlett <ian.bruntlett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> And a font has been developed to view source code in. See here:-
> http://sourcefoundry.org/hack/

I haven't tried this yet because I'm so used to [Source Code Pro][1], an
Open Font licensed Adobe font. It has wonderful support for much of
Unicode, including some emojis and what not. Unfortunately, it requires
Adobe tools to contribute to, which are, of course, proprietary.

Sadly, it seems that Hack also is built with a proprietary (and
Windows-only) tool, [FontLab Studio][2], too. Perhaps the vfbs can be
opened with FontForge? There's no contribution guidelines, either. Even
Adobe offers that!

[1]:  https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-code-pro
[2]: https://github.com/chrissimpkins/Hack/blob/master/tools/makeufo.sh
--