help

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:09:18 UTC 2015

Hi,
This was a fairly known issue surrounding 14.04 IIRC.
You can temporarily fix it by running:
sudo nm-applet
But the true fix is to fully update the system as Lesek says.

So for this, you will need to plug into an Ethernet connection
temporarily to update everything (or use the temporary fix above...
though Ethernet would be better).

When you say you tried this with 2 different USB did you install it to
USB, or were you simply checking to make sure the USB drive wasn't bad?

Something else that would be good to do would be to check the md5sum of
the ISO you downloaded
Here are instructions:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

Don't worry we will do our best to get you up and running :)