Touchpad trouble.

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 21:39:15 UTC 2015

On 11/19/2015 07:39 PM, Walter Orsi wrote:
> Dear lubuntu fellows:
>
> I'm bothering you all because of a problem I've not been able to solve
> by myself, yet.
>
> I installed lubuntu on my 10" notebook last year and everything works
> great except from the touchpad that never worked (I use a USB mouse
> since then).
>
> I wonder if any of you has an idea of how can I make lubuntu recognize
> my touchpad.
>
> I run xinput and all it prints about the touchpad is this:
>
> ⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer
> (3)]
> ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave
> pointer  (2)]
>
> Any help or idea...?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Walter

Hi Walter,
We will need more information about the touchpad itself.
For my computer I can find it by running
lsusb
If you have no output related to your touchpad
usually running
sudo lshw
will produce good output.
Also, giving more info about your computer in general might help.
What version of Lubuntu are you using? (14.04, 15.10, etc...)
Are you using 32bit or 64bit, or something else?