samba problem

Andre Campos Rodovalho andre.rodovalho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 15:34:23 UTC 2015

Gee, I do not use samba, and I think it is weird to use it with Android,
since Android is Linux, technicaly you could use NFS, that is standard on
Linux OS. What software do you use to navigate? Did you try to use this
file sharing from another computer?

According to this thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1214880)
*/usr/share/samba/smb.conf* is a backup copy. So, you should setup only the
*/etc/samba/smb.conf*

I guess there are some other configurations to do. Look at this manual (
https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/samba-fileserver.html), specially
the step 3.

sudo mkdir -p /srv/samba/share
sudo chown nobody:nogroup /srv/samba/share/