Kernel upgrade to trusty . . . but while remaining in precise???

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 15:26:46 UTC 2015

> Simple?
> >
> > sudo apt-get install linux-generic-lts-trusty
> >
> > If you want the complete graphics/driver stack including Xorg and Mesa:
> >
> > sudo apt-get -s install --install-recommends
> > linux-generic-lts-trusty linux-image-generic-lts-trusty
> > linux-headers-generic-lts-trusty xserver-xorg-lts-trusty
> > libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-trusty libgles2-mesa-lts-trusty
> Ooops... without -s of course! -s only simulates the process.

J?rn:

Thanks for the reply, that looks simple enough to do.  So, nothing needed
to add to "ppa" before running those commands?  And, then, if for some
reason doing this somehow breaks the system, easy enough to run "install
linux-generic-lts-precise" . . . click my heels twice and all would be back
to normal?

Would it be wise to run the first, simplest command "generic-lts-trusty" to
test that out **before** adding in the Xorg & Mesa commands??  Or best to
just go for the whole package(s) to get the advantages of upgrading the
kernel?

PS: I just mentioned ToriOS to give it a thumbs up as a viable option for
low spec hardware, I have had my question posted on Apple Hardware User
forum for almost a week and no help provided . . . and have tested Lu
products for PPC, the responses here have historically been timely and good
. . . it is about "ubuntu" so somewhat on theme . . . .