Kernel upgrade to trusty . . . but while remaining in precise???

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 01:13:30 UTC 2015

Folks:

I've been playing around with ToriOS/JWM in my old powermac running 12.04
base install . . . but I'd like to play around with upgrading the kernel to
3.13 . . . but staying in 12.04 to see if I can get a little more "speed"
out of it, as well as possibly get "suspend" or some better "power
management" out of it.  I've searched around trying to find a wiki on
how-to do that, but seemingly nothing is showing up . . . can somebody
point me to some simple instruction on just replacing the kernel????