Install problems: Encrypted LVM Lubuntu install on USB hard drive

Tom Cloyd tomcloydmsma at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 03:55:24 UTC 2015

Nio and list -

Problems remain: 2015.11.07:1100 - ISO burned, won't boot

Details:

*file:* lubuntu-15.10-alternate-i386.iso
*md5sum* [from
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/15.10/release/MD5SUMS]:
d88846ba3a7493cc4b792680c43ad8ef *lubuntu-15.10-alternate-i386.iso
*md5sum check:*

tomc at LDT:~/software_archive$ md5sum lubuntu-15.10-alternate-i386.iso
d88846ba3a7493cc4b792680c43ad8ef  lubuntu-15.10-alternate-i386.iso
tomc at LDT:~/software_archive$

*result:* boot attempt on both my netbook and desktop led to flashing
cursor on blank screen; no other response observed.

The install process went fine. No issues. But then the disk just would not
boot. Disappointing.
I'm retrying this, using the 15.10 desktop version.

Tom