[Lubuntu-qa] free PPC for testers

Boris Reinhard reinhard.boris at googlemail.com
Mon May 25 21:54:34 UTC 2015

Am 25.05.2015 23:44 schrieb "Walter Lapchynski" <wxl at ubuntu.com>:

> Boris,
>
> What kind of work? I already had someone ask about the machine and I'm
inclined to give to give it to them, but if Wolfgang is doing ppc-specific
development, I might be willing to make an exception. That, or find another
machine. I do seem to regularly be given ppc machines. I do have a G5 that
I don't use very often, as well as a Wii that just needs a drive fix from
what I know. Perhaps put him in touch with me and we can discuss it further.

> @wxl | http://polka.bike
> Lubuntu Release Manager & Head of QA
> Ubuntu PPC Point of Contact
> Ubuntu Oregon Team Leader
> Ubuntu Membership Board & LoCo Council Member
> Eugene Unix & GNU/Linux User Group Co-organizer
>
> On May 25, 2015 11:23 AM, "Boris Reinhard" <reinhard.boris at googlemail.com>
wrote:

>> Hello Walter, hi all,
>>
>> Wolfram Sang has been doing some work for ppc macs but as I understand
he does not have any hardware for testing so I imagine this would help!?

>> boris
>>
>> I just got a iBook and I would like to offer it to anyone interested in
testing with it. If you would like it please email me your address and I
will send it on its way. thanks in advance!

>> @wxl | http://polka.bike
>> Lubuntu Release Manager & Head of QA
>> Ubuntu PPC Point of Contact
>> Ubuntu Oregon Team Leader
>> Ubuntu Membership Board & LoCo Council Member
>> Eugene Unix & GNU/Linux User Group Co-organizer
>>

>> --

He seemed to have stumbled across our ppc sound adapter issues when he was
working on i2c stuff and decided to look further into it.

https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2015-May/129212.html

I do not know him personally but from reading his posts on the side I
gathered he was keen to solve stuff and is able to actually do the dev work
that is required.