Re: Lubuntu 14 && U-MATE 15 installer issues [PPC]

Peter Golis golisp at centrum.sk
Fri May 15 18:26:14 UTC 2015

Hello Fritz,
Yes, I had shown to you approx. the same steps as are done by automatic installation process. But this is different was as you are describing as "bug in installer". Could you please show picture of creation partition type Apple_Bootstrap with system NewWorld bootblock? You can take a picture using your phone if you dont know how to digitalize it. This small bootstrap partition type is required by yaboot and partition type nor size nor system can be changed for that use.

And regarding kernel log, there will be better to show that log. Apport is required part of base installation. I believe, it was not removed from installation medium. Also, you can that log transfer using different disk (e.g. small usb disc or any removable medium) to any computer instance with internet access. Right?

Also, dont forgett to check downloaded installation medium for deffects and check if you have enough RAM installed in your computer for graphical installation.

Peter.