Re: Lubuntu 14 && U-MATE 15 installer issues [PPC]

Peter Golis golisp at centrum.sk
Thu May 14 09:23:16 UTC 2015

Hello Fritz,
I had seen " set up a 10 MB "new world boot" partition" in your email also with remark about deleting "/" from label which was followed by "put osx into sleep". This is really bad handling, and the best is to reinstall linux after that as nobody know how it was rolled back from osx to olderLinux instance. This will make clean statement about possible bugs or installation issues as your previous errors was caused by touching disks across different OSes in parralel.

If you want dual boot with hibernation or suspend to RAM, then use reboot when loading other OS or mount disks from other OS only as read only. And also, don't mount "NewWorld bootblock" in any OS.

P.

PS: MAC OS X on Power architecture had latest ussable version (Tiger) for IBM Power CPU which is unsupported since 2007. Next possible version of MAC OS X (Leopard) was optimized for Intel CPU and it was also recompiled for Power architecture, but it had performace degradation when it was run on Power CPU and is also unsuported since 2009. So, issues with MAC OS X and other OS is techniclly out of scope for anybody due to end of life from Apple vendor. No matter if Linux users are affected by running unsupported commercial OS.