state of upstart (was: Re: Check my upstart script code?)

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Wed May 13 14:25:20 UTC 2015

> On 05/09/2015 03:47 PM, John Hupp wrote:
>>>
>>> Here is an improved upstart job

So what *is* the status of upstart? AFAIK we're transitioning entirely away
from it and over to systemd as a default, but will upstream still be
available for people that want to use it? As an Ubuntu product, what is the
likelihood that development will continue even if that's the case.

tl;dr are you wasting your time? :)

--
@wxl | http://polka.bike
Lubuntu Release Manager & Head of QA