Re: Lubuntu 14 && U-MATE 15 installer issues [PPC]

Peter Golis golisp at centrum.sk
Wed May 13 08:23:37 UTC 2015

Hello Fritz,
Did you had try to press "c" before chime will play during boot initial sequence with loaded PowerPC bootable medium, or do you want only to discuss about that problem without any try to fix your deleted yaboot after you had deleted "NewWorld bootblock"?

I will recommend Lubuntu 14.04(.02) Mac (PowerPC) and IBM-PPC (POWER5) desktop image to be burn onto CD/DVD and used for that task. Your choice with Super Grub looks good as is based on GRUB. GRUB support PowerPC with boot from Open Firmware (IEEE 1275-1994), but Super Grub was not tested ieee1275. So, your choice was wrong.

P.