Recent stability issues with *buntu 14.04?

Tue May 12 00:53:05 UTC 2015

On 05/11/2015 12:30 PM, John Hupp wrote:
> A Lubuntu 14.04 i386 machine that also runs an LTSP server has locked
> up hard 3 times since 5/7.  I took note in the latest lockup that I
> was logged in and just running the file manager, and that one thin
> client was logged in but not doing anything.
>
> Not even the magic syskeys would get me out gracefully, so I had to do
> a hard shutdown in all 3 cases.
>
> The last syslog entry was 15 minutes prior to the lockup, so no clues
> there.
>
> Has anyone else with a similar configuration noticed any stability
> issues recently?

John:

I had a case where I was experimenting with the first steps of putting
an application menu-entry on the desktop, but never did the final steps
to create the desktop icon, that hung my Lubuntu 14.04 i386 system, and
I think it was in pcmanfm last, in causing the hang.

The system hung that way was not using CPU or memory - it just wouldn't
do any further work, or sign-out or terminate.