Recent stability issues with *buntu 14.04?

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Mon May 11 23:18:23 UTC 2015

On 5/11/2015 4:09 PM, lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de wrote:

> Zitat von John Hupp <lubuntu at prpcompany.com>:

>>> Hi John,
>>>
>>> I would suspect hardware problems.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Nio
>>
>> A worthy thought.  Unless I hear from others about such a pattern,
>> that will become my working theory.
>
> Have you update to the latest kernel? The previous one had a
> "regression" because of a security fix:
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-2598-2/
>
> Regards
>
> Andreas

Thanks to all for the several replies, and to Andreas for the
particulars.  However, I find that I have the patched kernel installed
and also included in the terminal server image.

So unless there is still an unpatched kernel issue, or an unidentified
software problem, I may have to fall back to the idea that it is a
hardware issue.