[Lubuntu-qa] LXQt session at Ubuntu Online Session Thursday

PCMan pcman.tw at gmail.com
Sat May 9 02:36:57 UTC 2015

On Sat, May 9, 2015 at 7:34 AM, Walter Lapchynski <wxl at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> LXQt is still relatively early in development. Things will improve.
>
> However, the future of LXDE on any distro doesn't look good. Upstream
> development has transitioned almost entirely to LXQt.

Not really.
Developers led by Andriy really did a great job updating the gtk+ version
of LXDE.
For example, the file manager and desktop panel became much polished and
got regular new releases thanks to their effort. Actually LXQt and LXDE now
look like different projects both of which are actively maintained.
Shipping both in a distro does not hurt since they are not duplicates. The
code bases are largely different nowadays. :)