Fwd: [Lubuntu-admins] 15.04 - Installation Experience

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Tue May 5 17:08:15 UTC 2015

Den 2015-05-05 19:03, Aere Greenway skrev:
> On 05/05/2015 09:00 AM, Israel wrote:
>> At least we have *mkusb*, which is all I really use anyway.  It is
>> much faster (on the order of magnitudes) and is not prone to errors,
>> or these kinds of strange bugs.
> So how do we get the "mkusb" application?  It's not in the repository
> (at least, not under that name) of 14.04.
>
> I'm sure that information has been given some time in the past, but I
> didn't memorize it.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
> Aere

Hi Aere,

Google is your friend, sorry, I mean the internet search engines are
your friends. But the following link will save some effort

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/mkusb

or use the following commands to get mkusb from Jörn's and my PPA

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mkusb/ppa  # and press Enter
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mkusb

And you prefer the command line version

sudo apt-get install mkusb-nox