[Lubuntu-qa] LXQt session at Ubuntu Online Session Thursday

Henk Terhell hterhell at chello.nl
Tue May 5 10:02:47 UTC 2015

Andrej N. Gritsenko schreef op 5-5-2015 om 01:57:
>      Hello!
>

> Just as from point of view from someone who sometimes install Lubuntu on
> users machines, especially for those users who migrate from Windows. If
> you plan to set Lubuntu to lxqt and abandon lxde then I would say, that
> is very early to do now yet. I believe LXQt and LXDE variants of Ubuntu
> should co-exist together. LXDE one for those who needs stable, reliable,
> fully translated, accessible software, and LXQt one for those who wants
> evolving, bleeding edge software and don't need complete localizations
> and accessibility.

+1

Lower memory usage may also be a factor for users to stay with LXDE.
Hopefully there remains in future a place for LXDE in the Ubuntu family
for older PC's.
(Tough a suitable alternative now is Debian 8/LXDE, requiring somewhat
more effort for customization, but by default shipping with more office
and graphic software).

Henk