Fwd: [Lubuntu-admins] 15.04 - Installation Experience

Sat May 2 21:33:42 UTC 2015

On 04/29/2015 12:50 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> I think this bug (1325801) is fixed for the Ubuntu Startup Disk Creator
> - in 15.04. At least it is announced as fixed. Probably the bug-fix will
> trickle down to 14.10 and 14.04.3 LTS. But right now it is not there in
> 14.04.2 LTS. I have not enabled proposed - but you are right, the
> bug-fix might be available there.
Nio, and all:

I created a USB drive of Xubuntu 15.04, using startup disk creator on a
fully-updated ubuntuGnome 15.04 system, and encountered the same
problem.  The USB drive is no longer bootable after installing from it.
And in this case, it also warned me about my media being on sdb1, which
limited my usage of that drive in the manual partitioning.

I ran another test where I created (on Lubuntu 14.04, using Unetbootin),
an ubuntuMATE 15.04 USB drive, but with no persistent storage, and
installed from it, and the USB drive remained bootable.