No suspend after XFCE Power Manager added (Israel) (Israel)(Fritz)(Fritz)

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 01:18:32 UTC 2015

> > But, Israel, you are saying that simply by creating a file that
> > contains 5 short lines that the suspend/resume will be working?
> > Again, why then are the devs not including those 5 lines in an
> > update/upgrade patch?

> Hi Fritz,
> I use that file in a minimal install setting.  I like to use JWM on the
> iBook, as it is much faster than LXDE.
> I do not know how it will interact with Lubuntu, though.  I have
> successfully used it on my iBook.
>
> This allows me to manually run:
> *
> Shutdown*
> dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit
> /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Stop
> *Suspend*
> dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.UPower
> /org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend
> *Restart*
> dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit
> /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Manager
> org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.Restart
>
> You can save these in a desktop file for ease, but I assume the Lubuntu
> shutdown utility uses dbus/consolekit to shutdown... though I have never
> looked at the code.

@Israel:

Appreciate the attention . . . I have noticed something about "freedesktop
xxxxxx" when restarting the iBook out of 14 U-MATE . . . but, from the
desktop GUI.  So, it looks like what you are showing me above are the
commands for shutdown, suspend, restart??  The only thing that isn't there
is "sudo"??? so if I want to "suspend" I would run "sudo
dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.UPower
/org/freedesktop/UPower org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend"  ????   And so
these commands would just be "stored" in a text file to be copy/pasted into
the Terminal??

I'll again have to check into JWM, I think I checked it out awhile back,
but I may be moving U-MATE 14 to my Sawtooth, and then I could play a bit
with the iBook . . . but, I do enjoy the GNOME "Floating Feet" screensaver
that comes with MATE . . . .