No suspend after XFCE Power Manager added

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 20:53:08 UTC 2015

On 03/24/2015 01:24 PM, Lars Noodén wrote:
> I installed Lubuntu-core on a small machine and suspend (sleep?) worked
> fine.  It suspended when I closed the lid and when I pressed the sleep
> button.  I added xfce-power-manager to the machine to be able to see in
> the panel how much power remains in the battery and since then the
> machine does not suspend either when I close the lid or when I press the
> sleep button.  Also, even though the power manager settings say "ask"
> when the power button is pressed, nothing happens any more when I press
> it.
>
> I don't need the power manager but I do need suspend (sleep?) / resume
> and would very, very much like to have an easy way to track power
> remaining in the battery.
>
> This is on Lubuntu 14.04 LTS on a Celeron M processor.  Can anyone
> suggest a way around this?
>
> Regards,
> Lars

Hi,

You most likely need to make an appropriate polkit rule for using
consolekit/upower/devicekit.

make a file
*/etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/consolekit.pkla*
containing:

[Power]
Identity=unix-group:users
Action=org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.*;org.freedesktop.upower.*;org.freedesktop.devicekit.*
ResultAny=yes

This is how I use dbus to suspend machines without using a normal
session manager :D

--
Regards