Testing Vivid PPC liveDVD on G4 Sawtooth

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:58:10 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 3:09 PM, Istimsak Abdulbasir <saqman2060 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If you are going to be using your machine to test Ubuntu images, then the
> entire machine model should be listed. Helps the developers tailor the
> image to suite its needs.
>
> For what I am asking are the specs from your AGP graphics controller.
> Refresh rates, memory and 3D support are essential for a visual appealing
> experience. I wanted to know what grade it was.
>
> @IA:

Grade?  Possibly another word for what you are asking?  Couldn't find all
the system data in Xu 12.04.  Display in Xu shows 1024 x 768 with refresh
rate 60 Hz, pretty sure there is no 3D accel????  But from OSX System
Profiler:

Hardware Overview:

  Machine Name:    Power Mac G4 (AGP graphics)
  Machine Model:    PowerMac3,1
  CPU Type:    PowerPC G4  (2.9)
  Number Of CPUs:    1
  CPU Speed:    450 MHz