Fwd: Re: [Lubuntu-qa] Alternate testcase changes

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 12:50:01 UTC 2015

[the new message is at the end]
Den 2015-03-03 13:13, Nio Wiklund skrev:
> Hi Walter,
>
> Lars and I are making progress with the test-cases for encryption :-)
>
> Best regards
> Nio

Hi Walter, Lars, Phill and all other Lubuntu users

I think we have a working alternative, that should be rather easy to
implement for the Alternate Install (Encryption) test-cases (for the
i386 as well as the amd64 iso files).

@ Walter and Lars: Can we agree to modify the (alternate) test-cases?

@ Lars: ... and when agreed, will you edit the alternate test-cases?

@ Walter and Lars: The next step will be to design corresponding
test-cases for the Lubuntu desktop iso files.
_____

See this link

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+bug/1425681/comments/12

@phillw:

Comment #8 'Be interesting to hear the opinions of the server team...
Did this used to work?'

The Ubuntu server test-case for encryption uses 'only' encrypted disk
with LVM, not encrypted home inside it. So this is another indication
(alongside the encrypted desktop test-cases), that Lubuntu should do the
same thing.

@ everybody:

Skipping 'encrypted home inside encrypted disk with LVM' makes things
much easier to get working. My tests today indicate, that the Lubuntu
alternate test-case works with this small modification. We need not even
unmount any partition earlier than the installer wants to do it.

I just tested that it works with very different original partition
tables (GPT and several partitions of various kinds)

- the 64-bit alternate Lubuntu Vivid installer works
- the 32-bit alternate Lubuntu Vivid installer works

I modified the test-case for encryption only at these places:

'No' for encrypted home directory # Changed from 'Yes'. This is the most
important modification.

'Yes' unmount mounted partitions in the target drive # Additional item
which is important.

'No' to install grub boot loader to master boot record. Instead select
the target drive for the bootloader manually. # Changed from 'Yes'. This
is optional but I recommend it because the automatic choice often
creates problems for me.

-o-

It is not necessary to enter another text screen and unmount any