Startup Disk Creator

Mon Jun 29 16:23:58 UTC 2015

Ian:

I used to always use the Startup Disk Creator, on the basis that it is
the official tool for making bootable USB's (and thus surely they will
keep it working).

But it kept failing for me in each release.

For awhile, I would use the Startup Disk Creator on a Kubuntu partition,
which seemed to work more reliably, but that was a pain to have to do it
that way.

Finally, in the last release with it yet again not working, that was the
'last straw' for me, and I won't use it any more.

I've had a lot better luck (though still occasional problems) with
UNetBootIn, and I'm sure Nio's USB creator will be kept reliably working.

There comes a point, where one refuses to keep getting 'burned' over and
over again.

- Aere