Startup Disk Creator

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 12:09:53 UTC 2015

Hi,

I carry around a LinuxVoice DVD with Ubuntu / Kubuntu / Xubuntu / lubuntu
14.04 on it.

I also carry a 1GB USB flash drive so, in an emergency, I can install
lubuntu 14.04 LTS (32 bit). Its formatted as FAT32.

I decided to rewrite the flash drive using a 14.04 lubuntu 32 bit image. I
used Startup Disk Creator and it consistently failed after I typed in the
(correct) password when the finally bit of writing needed my password.

I have tried checking the USB flash drive out - in particular I've
formatted it, copied .tar.gz files to it and checked the .tar.gzs for
errors. No errors there.

Any other ideas?

Also, after 9 months, PDFs of previous Linux Voice issues are available
from http://www.linuxvoice.com/creative-commons-issues/

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -