Getting Chromium/Chrome to work.

Steven Duckworth literati69 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 08:34:38 UTC 2015

Greetings!

I am having some trouble trying to extract Google Chrome browser and
getting it to work.
Initially it was downloaded from the software centre (as Chromium) and then
more recently I downloaded it directly off Google's Chrome website (not
recommended I know!).
Today my software update included a download of 'Google Chrome' which I can
see in Synaptic but can't figure out how to extract and use.
I liked using Chrome previously and simply want to have it as an
alternative to Firefox, and want to compare them for speed.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Steven