Wi-Fi signal dropping

Brendan Perrine walterorlin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 16:46:28 UTC 2015

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:34:16 +0200
Steven Duckworth <literati69 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using a 3G Wi-Fi router with SIMcard on my Fujitsu-Siemens Pentium III
> Celeron M laptop, and occasionally the signal drops and I have to reboot to
> get it back.
> Sometimes I am lucky and after unticking the Wi-Fi network connection icon
> and then re-ticking it, it reconnects, but most often not.
>
> Any other way to reconnect without rebooting every time?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve
Have you tried logging out and logging back in again. That may not require a full reboot. Also do you know what kind of wifi adapter the laptop uses. IF you could paste the output of lspci if it is an internal wifi card or lsusb if it is a usb wifi card in the laptop. As this will allow people to search for solutions specific to your hardware.

--
Brendan Perrine <walterorlin at gmail.com>